- Connect with the largest and most diverse network of doctors in Australia.
- Access to the MJA (valued at $499), InSight, Medicus & Med e-link
- AMA Mortgage Broker exclusive with up to $2,000 extra cashback.* More on this.
- Dedicated employment advice
- Practice management guidance
- CPD opportunities
- Exclusive networking events plus workshops & webinars
- Discounts on AMA training for practice staff
- Access to AMA fees list (valued at $499)
- Free financial health check
- 5% discount at AMA Medical Products
- Police Medical Identification Card – exclusive for AMA (WA) members
- Just launched! Member Benefits Program – an exclusive, expanded suite of rewards, discounts and special offers for AMA (WA) members
- Get early access to influenza vaccines for 2021
- Over $3,000 in value in your membership package^
^Terms and conditions apply.
Why you should join us!
Dr Simon Torvaldsen
Chair, AMA (WA) General Practice Group
"Advocating for GPs is a core AMA (WA) activity as General Practice is recognised as the heart of the health system. We take great pride in representing local GP concerns at a federal level and lobbying for change. From effecting wins such as thawing of the Medicare freeze for GPs first and resolving the pathology rent issue to taking on the after-hours corporates, pharmacist incursions as well as Medicare, the government and its regulators – the AMA (WA)’s eternal vigilance and behind-the-scenes action ensures the viability of your practice and profession. Yet we are only as strong as our membership, so join us as we continue our advocacy for General Practice."
AMA (WA) working for General Practitioners
- Brokering an agreement with the Federal Government for expanded telehealth access during COVID-19.
- Effecting thaw of the Medicare freeze for GPs first.
- Strongly advocating for specialist recognition of GPs.
- Driving primary care reform and advocating in Canberra for a better deal.
- Advocacy on public health issues including obesity, tobacco control and the state vaccination policy.
- Staving off inappropriate incursions by Pharmacy.
- Personalised assistance with practice and staff management issues, including performance management, industrial awards and contracts of employment.
- Secured early access to private influenza vaccines for patients not eligible for NIP.
Support and Representation
The AMA (WA) works as a collective voice for general practitioners, representing their interests at the state and federal level as well as offering tailored support on a range of professional and business matters. We help and support GPs by providing advice on industrial and employment issues, employment contracts, dealing with complaints, ethical issues, Medicare audits, fees and other support services.
Our General Practice advocacy is informed by the work and guidance of the AMA (WA) General Practice Group, which is active on key matters of concern to GPs in Western Australia. The Group advocates on behalf of GPs, makes submissions on behalf of the profession and lobbies for improvements to health and General Practice. It also assists in the formulation of AMA (WA) policy relating to General Practice.
*Monthly fee has been rounded to closest dollar. The fee for GPs is $1516.36 per annum excluding GST, and can be applied if you possess an ABN. The annual fee including GST is $1668.