- We negotiate your Enterprise Bargaining Agreement and work conditions
- Dedicated workplace relations advice and support employment
- Mediation and representation
- CPD opportunities
- Access to the MJA (valued at $499), InSight, Medicus & Med e-link
- Free financial health check
- Exclusive networking events plus workshops & webinars
- AMA Mortgage Broker exclusive with up to $2,000 extra cashback^. More on this.
- 5% discount at AMA Medical Products
- Police Medical Identification Card – exclusive for AMA (WA) members
- Just launched – Member Benefits Program – an exclusive, expanded suite of rewards, discounts and special offers for AMA (WA) members
- Over $3,000 in value in your membership package^
^Terms and conditions apply.
Why you should join us!
Dr David McCoubrie
Chair, AMA (WA) Public Hospital Doctors Group
"The AMA (WA) is the most influential voice advocating for hospital doctors. Your employment conditions, your rights, your views need to be represented and supported. Championing the needs of your patients and the system is key. Generations of doctors have found that coming together – with the profession as a whole – is the most effective way to make a difference and drive change. Stand together with your colleagues, and the AMA (WA) will stand with you."
AMA (WA) working for Public Hospital Specialists
- Holding WA Health accountable for safety in the workplace.
- Strongly advocating for a replacement Industrial Agreement, which provides permanent employment for senior doctors.
- Prosecuting any breaches of the current Industrial Agreement.
- Holding WA Health to account for systemic wage theft and securing repayments for members.
- Fighting for improved workplace, health and safety conditions for public hospital doctors.
- Advocating on key health system issues such as capacity, ambulance ramping and mental health attendees at emergency departments.
- Advice and support though performance and disciplinary processes.
- Negotiating Enterprise Bargaining Agreement and Industrial Agreements that apply to rural doctors employed by WA Health, Royal Flying Doctor Service and St John of God Healthcare.
Support and Representation
The Australian Medical Association (WA) negotiates employment terms and conditions on behalf of public hospital doctors in the State. The Association also provides individual advocacy and representation as well as broader health system advocacy, all of which has resulted in better working and professional conditions for doctors and improved outcomes for their patients.
We protect the professional and industrial interests of more than 5,000 doctors who work in WA’s public health system.
The AMA (WA) meets monthly with the State Health Minister and the Director General of WA Health to advocate on behalf of members in relation to individual, departmental and system-wide issues.
The views and opinions of public hospital doctors in WA are presented to the AMA (WA) through the Public Hospital Doctors Group, which meets monthly.
*Monthly fee has been rounded to closest dollar. Fees for public practice specialists is $1723.64 per annum excluding GST, and can only be applied if you possess an ABN. The annual fee including GST is $1896.