AMA (WA) for doctors, for health
Providing leadership during COVID-19
- Protected doctors and frontline clinicians by successfully lobbying for timely access to appropriate PPE during a global shortage.
- Drove change to Medicare to include telehealth as an essential medium for delivering healthcare during COVID-19, with other major strides in digital health innovation in the works.
- We successfully lobbied the State Government to use border controls, quarantine measures and face masks as effective tools to flatten the curve in WA.
- Facilitated the safe resumption of elective surgery through our strong advocacy with government.
Securing entitlements and enforcement of your workplace rights
- We rejected the State Government’s Enterprise Bargaining Agreement offer as it failed to acknowledge our key claims, including permanency for senior doctors, portability of entitlements for doctors in training and specialist recognition for all specialist practitioners.
- We demanded and won the repayment of overtime for underpaid doctors, payslip miscalculations, and non-compliance on agreed awards.
- Held government to account for staffing shortages, staff burnout and ambulance ramping issues.