What is the AMA doing for you?
The AMA (WA) works as a collective voice for the medical profession and also offers individual, tailored support to medical practitioners on a range of professional and business matters – such as advice on industrial and employment issues, contracts, dealing with complaints, ethical issues, Medicare audits, fees and support services.
The AMA (WA) Council of General Practice, representing the key issues of Western Australian General Practitioners, and together with the Federal AMA, makes submissions to State and Federal Governments on all policy initiatives affecting General Practice. The AMA (WA) Council of General Practice also makes submissions to various bodies including the State Government.
Recent Western Australian Submissions
Recent National Submissions:
- Initial AMA Submission to Wound Management Working Group
- AMA to the Report from the General Practice and Primary Care Clinical Committee’s: Phase 2
- AMA Submission to AIHW consultation paper: A potentially preventable hospitalisation indicator specific to general practice
- AMA Submission to Revised Draft RACGP Standards for After-Hours and Medical Deputising Services
- AMA Submission to Draft RACGP Standards for Point of Care Testing
- AMA Submission on patient safety and quality improvement in primary care
- AMA Submission to draft RACGP Standards for after-hours services
- AMA Submission to Senate Inquiry: Circumstances in which Australian’s personal Medicare information has been compromised and made available for sale illegally on the ‘dark web’
- AMA Submission to Independent Review of Health Providers’ Access to Medicare Card Numbers
- AMA submission to the Department of Health’s review of the Australian General Practice Training (AGPT) Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Salary Support Program
- AMA Submission on Redesigning the Practice Incentives Program
- AMA Submission in response to the Second Draft of the RACGP Standards for General Practices (5th edition)
- AMA Submission in response to the Draft RACGP Standards for General Practices (5th edition)