- We negotiate your Enterprise Bargaining Agreement and work conditions
- Mediation and representation
- Connect with largest network of doctors in Australia
- Dedicated employment advice
- Practice management guidance
- CPD opportunities
- Exclusive networking events, workshops & webinars
- Discounts on AMA training for practice staff
- Free access to AMA Fees List (valued at $499)
- 5% discount at AMA Medical Products
- AMA Mortgage Broker exclusive with up to $2,000 extra cashback.^ More on this.
- Access to the MJA (valued at $499), InSight, Medicus & Med e-link
- Free Financial Health Check
- Police Medical Identification Card – exclusive for AMA (WA) members
- Just launched – Member Benefits Program – an exclusive, expanded suite of rewards, discounts and special offers for AMA (WA) members
- Over $3,000 in value in your membership package^
^Terms and conditions apply.
Why you should join us!
Dr Peter Maguire
Chair, AMA (WA) Rural Practice Group
The AMA (WA) is the only organisation with the industrial strength to intervene and negotiate on your behalf with WACHS. In just the past year, the Association has helped to secure a better deal for salaried rural doctors. From the Kimberley to Albany and every rural centre in between, we continue to actively represent the concerns of country doctors in areas such as telehealth, aged care, mental health and resourcing. With the AMA (WA) on your side, yours will never be a distant voice!
AMA (WA) working for Rural Doctors
- Negotiating Enterprise Bargaining Agreement and Industrial Agreements that apply to rural doctors employed by WA Health, Royal Flying Doctor Service and St John of God Healthcare
- Advocating for safety in the workplace.
- Ensuring personalised assistance with workplace employment matters such as contracts of employment and support through performance and disciplinary processes, discrimination and bullying.
- Brokering an agreement with the Federal Government for expanded telehealth access during COVID-19.
Support and Representation
The Australian Medical Association (WA)’s General Practice and Doctors in Training Practice Groups represent the interests of GP registrars, and advocate for them. The Association provides resources and guidance to GP registrars undertaking hospital and GP placements, assisting with industrial matters, contracts of employment and issues related to GP training.
General Practice Training
Working with Western Australian General Practice Education and Training (WAGPET), the AMA (WA) delivers information sessions for GP registrars in relation to contractual and training matters.