- News & Media
- Public & Community Health
- Apprenticeship Network Provider
AUSTRALIAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION (WA)
Did you know that fewer than 40% of doctors have an identifiable GP? And 25% of doctors identify multiple barriers to seeing a doctor? Doctors are generally regarded as self-reliant and capable of looking after themselves, but many factors such as embarrassment, fear of notification and confidentiality may make this difficult to achieve.
Doctors can experience unique barriers which prevent them from accessing formal health care from another doctor, and they require a special approach to their health care. This full-day training workshop will provide specific training in doctors’ health to interested doctors, and help better prepare attendees to be a “doctor for doctors”.
Topics covered will include:
• Doctors’ Health Issues
• Doctors with Mental Illness
• Barriers to Doctors seeking health care
• The Drug or Alcohol affected Doctor
• What do doctors want from a check-up?
• Tricky situations e.g. what to charge doctors and their family members?
• The Cognitively Impaired Doctor
• Self- treatment
For more information, please click here.