- News & Media
- Public & Community Health
- Apprenticeship Network Provider
AUSTRALIAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION (WA)
There are varying opinions on assisted dying among medical professionals. The AMA (WA) supports dialogue around these issues, which address the broader societal concerns with illness and death, including the adequacy and gaps in palliative care.
To that end, the AMA (WA) will hold a symposium with the aim to:
• Understand more about the current state of end of life care in WA;
• Learn from experiences of jurisdictions in Australia and overseas;
• Develop a set of recommendations in the event of proposed legislation in WA;
• Give members an opportunity to have input into AMA (WA) advocacy.
Date: Saturday 5 May 2018
Time: 9am for a 9:30 start. Lunch, morning and afternoon tea will be provided.
Venue: University Club of Western Australia, Hackett Drive, Crawley
This event is limited to AMA (WA) Members.